tract garrys's Testimony
tract garrysGarry said I can send this tract of his out to others he said "Go right ahead, just keep a rough tally and
where they finish up. We want to pray for the "receivers" " You can e-mail him here: firstname.lastname@example.org
"For God so loved the world that He gave....."(1)
Well -- if there is a God and He supposedly loves this world, then WHY IS THIS WORLD IN SUCH A MESS? WHY don't my dreams come true? WHY is there so much suffering and sickness? WHY poverty and wars? WHY so much stealing and rape and unfaithfulness? WHY are so many things just not fair or honest?
WHY? WHY? WHY? .....IF GOD SO LOVES THE WORLD?
The answer is really very simple...
The answer is SIN(2) which is disobedience to God's commands. Many find this hard to accept(3), but SIN is SIN(4). The letter "I" in the middle of that word is "ME." "I" am surrounded by sin(5) and I am a sinner myself(6).
All men have a God-given knowledge of right and wrong(7) as seen in the 10 Commandments(8).
We have all broken the first two, le3t alone the other eight(9). We have to admit that we are all sinners(10) whether we like it or not. We do not live up to God's standards(11).
So what's next? .....Well - this is where God's LOVE comes in!
Our loving heavenly Father did not want us to be forever suffering the consequences of our wrong doings. He sent Jesus Christ. His only Son, to take our punishment(12). Jesus suffered and died on the cross of Calvary to save you and me from the punishment we deserved for our sins and free us from our guilt.
Because Jesus Christ is God, one with the Father and the Holy Spirit(13). His sacrifice is perfect(14) and therefore acceptable to the Father(15). The fact that He is the only one of all the prophets of all religions, who rose alive from the grave, victor over death, proves this!(16) We have to understand that a dead prophet is just that - a dead prophet. Our Lord and Saviour is alive and well and preparing a place in heaven for all the people who have confessed their sins, repented and accepted Christ as their only Saviour(17).
Any Protestant or Catholic Church ought to be willing to confirm that what I have written is what the Bible teaches. Methodists, Baptists, Anglicans, Brethren, Presbyterians, Catholics, A.O.G.s, Seventh Day Adventists and other Christian fellowships may have different pratices and ideas about baptism, communion, etc. and how things are to be practised in their churches: but the GOSPEL, the good news that Jesus, and only Jesus saves, never changes(18).
I was myself a strict Roman Catholic and in monastry in my youth but I discovered that I was not a true believer(19). I had to place my life in the hands of a personal Saviour(20).
A name on a church membership card does not and never will save a soul.
You must personally decide(21) to go to the left or to the right as you do when you come to a fork in the road.
'Left' when you follow your own, often sinful desires, doing your own thing and end up with broken pieces like strealing, rape, murder and wars -lonely and alone, without hope(21).
'Right' you own up that you need help(23), you reach out to a loving Saviour(24) and finished up restored(25) and loved(26).
...So what must I do to be saved?(27)
1. In faith turn to your loving Father in heaven(28).
2. Confess your sins and accept Christ as your personal Saviour(29).
3. Get in touch with caring christians(30) who will pray and study with you(31).
4. Obey the teachings of Jesus(32), get baptised(33) and study under the guidance of God's Holy Spirit(34).
Yes, God loves the world(35) and He loves you too. He proved this by giving His own Son to die for you on the cross of Calvary(36). He does not want anyone to perish but wants YOU to have eternal life(37).
Because you are not a sheep, goat or cow but a human being with a body, soul and spirit, you have a choice(38).
Choose to do nothing and you simply continue on the road to a lost eternity(39).
Choose to turn to Jesus and you will receive hope, joy, security and life everlasting(40).
"Choose today who you will serve."
Thank you for reading this message. Can I suggest that you re-read it prayerfully, with an honest desire to choose life and get right with God.
-- Kindest greetings, Garry Oster
There may be an address on this pamphlet of Christians in your area that I have confidence in and whom I commend. My name and address is also there should you want to get in touch with me directly.
Note: You will have noticed numbers while you were reading; they refer to the following list of Bible verses. I encourage you to look up and read the verses in your Bible. Study them prayerfully and God's Holy Spirit will guide you to Jesus, the Saviour, and a sure future.
Don't forget "good news" should be shared.
1. John 3:16 -- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
2. Romans 5:12 -- Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
3. Luke 8:12 -- Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
4. James 1:14 -- But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 -- Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
5. Ecclesiastes 7:20 -- For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
6. Romans 5:12 -- Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
7. Romans 2:15 -- Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
8. Exodus 20:1 -- And God spake all these words, saying,
2 -- I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 -- Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 -- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 -- Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 -- And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7 -- Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 -- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 -- Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 -- But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 -- For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12 -- Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13 -- Thou shalt not kill.
14 -- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 -- Thou shalt not steal.
16 -- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 -- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
9. Romans 3:12 -- They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
10. Luke 15:18 -- I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
11. Romans 7:18 -- For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
12. Ephesians 1:7 -- In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 -- Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
13. John 1:32 -- And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
33 -- And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
34 -- And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
14. Hebrews 5:9 -- And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Hebrews 10:10 -- By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
15. 1Peter 3:18 -- For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
16. John 20:6 -- Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
7 -- And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
17. John 14:1 -- Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 -- In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 -- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 -- And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 -- Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 -- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
18. Galatians 1:8 -- But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
19. Isaiah 1:15 -- And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
16 -- Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17 -- Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
18 -- Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
20. Acts 4:12 -- Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
21. Luke 10:42 -- But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
22. Ephesians 2:12 -- That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
23. Matthew 11:28 -- Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
24. Titus 3:4 -- But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5 -- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
25. Romans 10:9 -- That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 -- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 -- For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 -- For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 -- For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
26. 1John 1:9 -- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
27. Acts 16:30 -- And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
28. Matthew 6:7 -- But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8 -- Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
29. 1John 1:9 -- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
30. Acts 4:32 -- And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
33 -- And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34 -- Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
31. Acts 2:42 -- And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 -- And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44 -- And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 -- And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 -- And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 -- Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
32. Matthew 28:20 -- Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
33. Matthew 28:19 -- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
34. John 14:15 -- If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 -- And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 -- Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
35. Psalms 136:1 -- O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2 -- O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.
3 -- O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.
4 -- To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.
5 -- To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.
6 -- To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.
7 -- To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:
8 -- The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:
9 -- The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.
10 -- To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:
11 -- And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:
12 -- With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.
13 -- To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:
14 -- And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:
15 -- But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.
16 -- To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.
17 -- To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:
18 -- And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:
19 -- Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:
20 -- And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:
21 -- And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:
22 -- Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.
23 -- Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:
24 -- And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.
25 -- Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.
26 -- O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.
36. 1John 4:9 -- In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 -- Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Philippians 2:6 -- Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 -- But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 -- And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
37. 1John 5:11 -- And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 -- He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
38. 1Thessalonians 5:23 -- And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
39. Matthew 7:13 -- Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
40. John 6:37 -- All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 -- For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 -- And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 -- And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
41. Joshua 24:15 -- And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
47 Brookfield Tce., Tauranga, New Zealand.
Not to be reproduced without permission - copies available from the author
This is a editored version. Changes being the verse references are replaced with the full verse(s).
Back | Home | Testimonies Home | Edit This Testimony